Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Sidewalk Adventurers!

Yep, it's true. I'm a superhero. Sidewalk Adventurer! Well, I'm actually part of a club of superheroes. We walk around, following the sidewalk, to discover and observe the world around us. I feel lucky that the kids that created the club let me be a member.

Today I learned that learning just happens sometimes. Like on a hot day with 90+ temps, when you have six cranky, bored kids in desperate need of physical activity begging to do something. Anything.

And so the Sidewalk Adventurers were born.

Some of our observations included:

The inside of a car fender. (I didn't take a picture of this one. I thought it might be an invasion of...I don't know....dignity?)

The way the sunshine looks through the branches of a willow tree


The amazing, bumpy, grooved texture of a willow tree


 These weird curvy lines on the branches of the willow trunk (Anyone know what these are?)


 The way willow branches sway in the (tiny) breeze

Five of six adventurers discovering a lightning bug


And then sharing it


The shape of willow leaves


 An orange rock


The many different shapes of leaves


How branches spring up in unexpected places- just like learning


We really had a good time. In case you are wondering, the green bags are "Poo" bags found at our apartments. I promise that they were clean. :) The kids are obsessed with collecting things in them.

Keep Adventuring!

No comments:

Post a Comment